UPDATE: If you missed it during the pre-game show, check out the Mothers Day segment. Many RoughRiders said Happy Mothers Day to their moms.
I have been almost unfairly blessed in my life with plenty of great things. Above all, though, is having the two parents that I have. My mom and dad have been extremely supportive of me through the years, even though my ambitions have taken me away from them geographically.
My mom has always been the one to comfort me when times got tough. She is also the one who will always say I sounded good on the air even if I thought my performance was awful.
But even my mom can point out a flaw or two. After my first ever broadcast, a baseball game in central Michigan in the end of March, my mom pointed out a few mistakes I made. It was safe to say, I had a long way to go as a broadcaster.
But to all the moms out there, Happy Mothers Day! And to my mom, thanks so much for being there through it all. I love you.
A few Sunday Facts before the ‘Riders meet the RockHounds.
- Be sure to tune into the RoughRiders pre-game show today for a special tribute to the women behind the ‘Riders. We’ll have special hellos from the players to their moms during our second segment in the pre-game show. It is great, so be sure to catch it.
- After the bullpen was stellar during the brief home stand earlier this week, the offense bailed out the RoughRiders with that Travis Adair three-run double. Due to that big hit, a reliever has still not been saddled with a loss since April 26.
- Speaking of Adair, this guy continues to play extremely well since getting the call up to Frisco for the first time. Over the last seven games, Adair has hit .385 (10-for-26) with five runs batted in.
- Frisco starter Miguel De Los Santos hasn’t had the best start to the season, but he is continuing his incredible rate of strikeouts. He whiffed nine in five innings to increase his season total to 38 in 28 innings. Per nine innings, he’s striking out more than 12 batters.
- The RoughRiders hit three or more runs in a game for the fifth time this season last night. Tommy Mendonca and Mike Bianucci’s back-to-back home runs marked the first such occurrence this season.
- Tommy Hunter is scheduled to make a rehab start for Triple-A Round Rock tomorrow against Nashville. Hunter pitched four innings for the RoughRiders Wednesday night at Dr Pepper Ballpark. He has not pitched this season.
- Finally, three nights after Neftali Feliz also rehabbed with the ‘Riders, Feliz earned a save for the Rangers against the Yankees last night in Arlington.
Catch the pre-game show at 1:30. First pitch is set for 2. Happy Mothers Day!