First Half By The Numbers
It is hard to summarize a 70-game period, but we are going to try with the beauty of numbers. I’m not a stat genius like Michael Damman, the head of the RoughRiders Statistical Research Department and the writer of this blog. However, I’m going to put on my best Damman-esque performance and give you a “First Half By The Numbers” edition of the Facts.
- 76 – The number of days it took for the RoughRiders to complete the 70-game half.
- 203:19 – The combined time of the 70 games in the first half, shown in hours and minutes.
- 8.47 – That’s the equivalent in days to the time shown in the bullet above.
- 266,774 – The number of fans that passed through the Dr Pepper Ballpark turnstiles during the 34-game home schedule. That’s good for an average of 7,846, which is by far the best mark in the Texas League.
- 40 – The number of wins for Frisco, which is the tied for the sixth-most in a half in the history of the franchise.
- 69 – Frisco’s home run total, which is one better than the RoughRiders’ home run count for all of the 2010 season (68).
- 386 – The number of runs the ‘Riders scored in the first 70 games. That amounts to 5.5 per game.
- 2746 – The number of batters that Frisco pitching faced during the first half.
- 22 – The combined total of at bats for Julio Borbon, Nelson Cruz and Josh Hamilton while with the RoughRiders on rehab stints. That trio played in a combined seven games with Frisco during the first half.
- 78 – Martin Perez’s strikeout total, which was second in the Texas League. Only Corpus Christi’s Xavier Cedeno (79) had more.
- 65 – The number of transactions that the RoughRiders made, which included things such as a trade with Cincinnati, a promotion from Low-A Hickory, a $15.5 million-dollar addition, and much more.
- 17 – Frisco’s come-from-behind victories during the first half. This means that the ‘Riders trailed at some point during 42.5% of their wins.
- 2 – The number of days that the RoughRiders spent in a tie for first place. Frisco never had the top spot to itself because of the dominance of San Antonio (49-21 in the first half).
- 9 – The number of RoughRiders who will head to San Antonio for the 75th Texas League All-Star Game.
- 44 – The number of players who have appeared for the RoughRiders this season. 24 of those are pitchers.
- 2.8 – The percentage of the second half that has been completed.
That last number means that there is still a long way to go in 2011. Join us for game three of half two tonight along the RoughRiders Baseball Network. Pre-game coverage begins at 6:35 for the ‘Riders and the Hooks. Enjoy!