In-Depth Playoff Coverage
It’s playoff time for the RoughRiders, which means it is time for the Insider Blog to bring its “A” game. Whether the ‘Riders’ run lasts through this weekend or all the way to the Texas League championship, we will have you covered in many ways.
Obviously, you’ll be able to follow the journey via game recaps on the ‘Riders’ website and the play-by-play action both online and on 1630 KKGM. Still, here are some other ways, some new and some enhanced, to connect with the ‘Riders.
Game Previews: For every game of the playoffs, we will post a game preview here on the Insider Blog. You will also be able to access the preview at ridersbaseball.com.
Playoff Perspective: Shortly after each game, we will break down the night’s showdown and talk about how it affects the RoughRiders’ series. More on this in a moment.
Extra Bases Chat: Aaron and I will be chatting with all you RoughRiders’ fans throughout the entire broadcast. Join us to discuss EVERY playoff game, both home and road. This is where your voice can be heard.
Twitter/Facebook: Your instant sources for RoughRiders’ information. Even more updates and links will be offered throughout the postseason.
Now, let’s give you an idea of our post-game feature. Here’s the “Playoff Perspective – Off Day Edition.”
- Carlos Pimentel will start Game 3 for the ‘Riders against San Antonio righty Casey Kelly. Pimentel doesn’t have awesome numbers overall, but he has had success against the Missions all year long. The right-hander is 2-0 with a 2.97 ERA against San Antonio.
- The RoughRiders were just 13-19 against San Antonio this year, but they did take three of four from minor league baseball’s best team August 23-26. It was the two clubs’ final regular season meeting, and it took place at Dr Pepper Ballpark.
- Proof that this series should be a low-scoring affair: Frisco’s team average against San Antonio is .240 and its ERA is 3.97. San Antonio’s marks are .237 and 3.14.
- Frisco will hope to reverse a recent trend. In both 2009 and 2010, the Texas League squad with the best regular season record went on to win the championship. Northwest Arkansas went 6-3 in its quest last season. Midland went 6-2 for the ’09 crown.
- Reason #29173 why minor league baseball is great: Robbie Ross and Joe Wieland, two very close friends who will be opponents on the mound in Game 1 of this series, had some fun with each other on Twitter. Ross on Wieland: “Dude that’s if Joe can keep it under control haha. No man it will be fun.” Wieland on Ross: “I’m gonna have to show him how its done.” If this were CC Sabathia and Justin Verlander going back and forth, people would be criticizing like crazy. Sports are supposed to be fun, and it will be a fun Game 1 matchup.
- For the first time in a long time, the ‘Riders and Missions are equal–at 0-0. It’s a race to 3. Enjoy the show.