Results tagged ‘ Jairo Beras ’
Happy Friday, everyone! Opening Day has come and gone in Minor League Baseball. As we enter day two, the Rangers are the only organization to have all four of their affiliates win last night, thanks to victories from Frisco, Round Rock, High Desert and Hickory yesterday. Two other organizations (Boston and Toronto) also went undefeated yesterday, but some of their affiliates didn’t play due to inclement weather.
We’ve already written plenty about the RoughRiders shutout win at Northwest Arkansas last night, led by 6 solid innings from starter Frank Lopez, a clutch double by Ryan Cordell and big-time pitching late in the game when the pressure situations came up. So as you get ready for game two tonight at 7:05 (listen live online or on the TuneIn Radio app), we wanted to give you a quick look at some of the stars throughout the organization yesterday.
TRIPLE-A ROUND ROCK EXPRESS (7-3 win at Iowa)
The Express didn’t waste any time getting on the board in the season opener, scoring twice in the top of the 1st and then putting up a 5-spot in the 3rd to start the year on a winning note.
- OF Jared Hoying (Frisco, 2012-13): 2-4, grand slam as part of 5-run 3rd inning, BB
- The 2, 3 and 4 hitters (IF Jurickson Profar, OF Nomar Mazara and IF Joey Gallo) combined to go 3-7 with 3 RBI, 5 BB and 4 runs
- RHP Chad Smith (2015): 2.1 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K to pick up the win in relief
Tonight: Game 2 at Iowa, 7:08 pm
CLASS-A ADVANCED HIGH DESERT MAVERICKS (10-5 win vs Inland Empire)
Travis Demeritte, MLB.com’s no. 21 prospect in the Rangers organization, made his High Desert debut in a memorable way, and the Mavericks scored 6 runs over the first 3 innings to pick up the Opening Day win.
- IF Travis Demeritte: 3-4, 2 HR, 4 RBI out of the leadoff spot
- OF Jairo Beras, OF Luke Tendler, and IF Juremi Profar: 2-4, 2B, RBI (each)
- OF Scott Heineman: 3-3, run
Tonight: Game 2 vs Inland Empire, 8:35 pm
CLASS-A HICKORY CRAWDADS (5-1 win vs Kannapolis)
Rangers no. 16 prospect Andy Ibanez and no. 11 prospect Brett Martin was effective in his four innings on the mound for the Crawdads, as they began their defense of the South Atlantic League title with a win.
- IF Andy Ibanez: 4-5, 3B, 4 RBI
- LHP Brett Martin: 4.0 IP, 4 H, 1 R (0 ER), 2 BB, 8 K
- RHP Tyler Davis: 3.0 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 4 K to pick up the win in relief
Tonight: Game 2 at Kannapolis, 6:05 pm – Rangers no. 4 prospect Dillon Tate is scheduled to start
Stay tuned for more updates from the farm system over the course of the season.
Baseball term of the day: Foozler – A lucky base hit.
(term from The Dickson Baseball Dictionary)
- Posted on April 8, 2016 at 11:19 am
- No Comments
- Tags: Andy Ibanez, Brett Martin, Chad Smith, Frank Lopez, Frisco RoughRiders Baseball, Hickory Crawdads, High Desert Mavericks, Jairo Beras, Jared Hoying, Joey Gallo, Juremi Profar, Jurickson Profar, Luke Tendler, MiLB, Nomar Mazara, Round Rock Express, Ryan Cordell, Scott Heineman, Texas Rangers, Travis Demeritte, Tyler Davis
This post is a continuation of an earlier post compiling the essential Twitter handles to keep up with the Texas Rangers farm system and Texas League. You can find all entries here.
A little over a week ago, I posted twitter handles for the teams in the Texas Rangers system and the Texas league, along with broadcasters and other key employees in the league and the Rangers’ farm. Today, I submit Part Two of “The 2013 (Nearly) Complete Twitter Guide to the Frisco RoughRiders, the Texas League and the Rangers Farm System,” or TNCTG. If you want to check Part One – go here.
Today: a list of the players. This is, to my knowledge, an exhaustive list of the Frisco RoughRiders in addition to as many twitter handles I could find of Texas Rangers at the MLB and MiLB levels. As always, comment below or tweet me (@NathanSBarnett) with additional follows. I will update this as I can as the season moves along. If you want to use a list to keep track of these players, the RoughRiders Twitter handle has a 2013 RoughRiders list and I have one compiling as many current Rangers MLB and MiLB players that I can find.
TNCTG PART TWO – The Players
(as of 05/17/13)
2013 Frisco RoughRiders
Hanser Alberto @elpotroalberto (#15 ranked prospect in Texas system by Baseball America)
RoughRiders to play in 2013, now off roster:
Jake Brigham @jbrigham49 (Triple-A)
Ross Wolf @18RGW (Triple-A)
Other players in the Texas Rangers System:
Josh Frasier @Frasier66 (bullpen catcher)
Triple-A Round Rock:
Chad Bell @ChadBell19 (Injured just before beginning of the season, finished 2012 with Express)
Advanced-A Myrtle Beach:
Zach Cone @ZachCone (#24)
Class-A Hickory Crawdads:
Players yet to be assigned (either hurt or will be in either Rookie or Short-Season A)
Baseball term of the day: fuzzy concrete – artificial turf
- Posted on May 7, 2013 at 5:23 pm
- No Comments
- Tags: Alec Asher, Barrett Serrato, Ben Rowen, Brandon Garcia, Brett Nicholas, Brett Weibley, C.J. Edwards, Chad Bell, Coby Cowgill, Cody Buckel, Collin Wiles, Connor Sadzeck, David Leon, Derek Holland, Drew Robinson, Elvis Andrus, Engel Belre, Eric Brooks, Frisco RoughRiders, Guy Edmonds, Hanser Alberto, Hickory Crawdads, Jairo Beras, Jake Brigham, Jake Skole, Jamie Jarmon, Janluis Castro, Jared Hoying, Jimmy Reyes, Joakim Soria, Joe Maloney, Joe Nathan, Joe Van Meter, Joey Gallo, Jorge Alfaro, Josh Frasier, Josh Lindblom, Jurickson Profar, Justin Grimm, Kellin Deglan, Kevin Matthews, Kevin Pucetas, Leonys Martin, Leury Garcia, Lewis Brinson, Lisalverto Bonilla, Luis Mendez, Luke Jackson, Martin Perez, Michael Kirkman, Michael Olt, Mike Olt, Myrtle Beach Pelicans, Nathan Barnett, Neftali Feliz, Nelson Cruz, Nick Martinez, Nick Urbanus, Nick Vickerson, Nick Williams, Nomar Mazara, Odubel Herrera, Randy Henry, Robbie Ross, Robinson Chirinos, Ronald Guzman, Ross Wolf, Rougned Odor, Round Rock Express, Royce Bolinger, Ryan Anthony Rua, Ryan Bores, Ryan Harvey, Ryan Rodebaugh, Ryan Strausborger, Ryne Slack, Teodoro Martinez, Texas Rangers, Twitter, Twitter Guide, Will Lamb, Yangervis Solarte, Yoshinori Tateyama, Yu Darvish, Zach Cone, Zach Zaneski