Results tagged ‘ Mark Hamburner ’
Remember when the Colts played the Giants last year and Archie Manning was interviewed about if he was cheering more for Peyton or Eli? I’m sure that was a more difficult situation than what I’m in the middle of, but I can truthfully say that no matter who wins, there will be at least a small part of me that wishes the other team won. (If you haven’t read the blog over the last two days, let it be known that I’m from St. Louis).
- Sure did seem like Adrian Beltre got hosed on that call in the ninth. With his bat, you never know, the next pitch could have gone bye-bye and tied things up. Sure did look like that ball fouled off his toe. How about that crazy X-Ray cam that Fox threw at us. You know that producer had been waiting all night to break that thing out.
- I know Tim McCarver takes a lot of heat from virtually everyone, but the line of the night came when we described back-to-back swings by Beltre in the seventh: “Those are two grown man swings.” Loved that.
- Thanks to ESPN Stats and Info along with Baseball Reference for this random nugget from last night’s game: St. Louis’ Arthur Rhodes, who got through the 8th inning, is now oldest pitcher in baseball history to record a World Series hold (turns 42 on October 24).
- Not sure if you caught it, but former ‘Rider Mark Hamburger made a cameo on FOX last night. Late in the game a foul ball found its way into the Rangers’ dugout and he graciously tossed it to a young Cardinals fan. Mark isn’t on the roster, but what a great experience for him to be there and take it all in.
- In news outside of the World Series, Jose Ruiz has been released by the Rangers. The big, yet agile, first baseman hit .275 over 106 games in 2011 with the RoughRiders. His 12 home runs and 54 RBIs were no doubt a disappointment given his stature (6-3, 235) and the fact that he put on some shows during batting practice. Ruiz, who received a late-season promotion up to Triple-A Round Rock, had a major league option in his deal. That means the Rangers would’ve needed to put him on the 40-man roster in order to keep him.